Willow Books 10th Anniversary
Thank You for Ten Amazing Years!
Willow is honored to have reached its 10th anniversary this year. Ten years of writing and friendship…ten years of breakthroughs for writers of color…ten years of excellence!
Your support has carried us for ten years–Please consider becoming a #Willow10 Member, only $25 per year! (see below)
A membership you can be proud of–supporting an organization that develops, publishes and promotes writers of color, run by writers of color.
Join today for these great benefits:
- Pre-order discount on upcoming Willow titles with a special discount code
- Reading fee discount for our Open Reading Period (50% off) with a special discount code
- Bonus material throughout the year, including FREE podcasts
- Newsletter updates on your favorite authors and their books
- One FREE Willow title from the past 10 years
It’s easy to join–please fill out the form below, then select your membership choice:
#Willow10 Anniversary Membership
Annual membership for Willow Books supporters. Includes special discount codes and bonus material.
We Seek Asylum + #Willow10 Membership Special
Help support our 2017 Emerging Writer Gustavo Adolfo Aybar achieve his dream of making it to Miami for his feature by pre-ordering We Seek Asylum ($12) AND get your #Willow10 membership ($25), all for one discounted price: $30 (save $7)
After your signup is completed, you will receive a confirmation email with your discount codes. Thanks for joining, here’s to 10 more years!
We have achieved countless firsts, but here are some highlights:
- First nationwide live streaming broadcast of a literary show from AWP–Willow Books Litfest
- First PEN/Faulkner Writer in Schools–Alan King
- First Willow authors to read at the Smithsonian–Lucinda Roy and E. Ethelbert Miller
- First Willow poet to be translated into Norwegian–E. Ethelbert Miller
- First literary residency program at the historic Weeksville Heritage Center (NYC)–Willow Arts Alliance
- First Willow poet to headline at Poets House–Sokunthary Svay
- First Writer-in-Residence program at the historic Carr Center (Detroit)–Willow Books
- First Willow author to read in the Philippines–Angela Narciso Torres
- First Willow author to read in Rwanda–Angie Chuang
- First Willow poet to win the Zenobia Lawrence Hikes Faculty Woman of Color Award–Lucinda Roy
- First author to win an APALA award (Asian/Pacific Library Association)–Vanessa Hua
- First finalist for the California Book Award–Vanessa Hua
- First finalist for the NAACP Image Awards–Mahogany L. Browne
- First poet to win the Mississippi Institute of Arts & Letters Award–Derrick Harriell
- First author to win a medal at the Independent Publisher Book Awards–Angie Chuang
- First poet to feature at the Miami Book Festival–Gustavo Adolfo Aybar
- First poet to win the Gwendolyn Brooks Award (SSML)–Qiana Towns
- First authors to feature at the Arab American National Museum–Elmaz Abinader and Sahar Mustafah
Willow titles are housed at cultural institutions around the world–we are especially proud to be included in several African libraries.